Hello and welcome to the Semetric API. The API provides data for hundreds of thousands of entities and can take the following forms:
- Summary information and key performance indicators;
- Time series data of activity on social networks, streaming services and file sharing;
- Geographic data on fan locations according to social networks and file sharing;
- Demographic data including gender and age-group for fans on social networks;
- Charts data for fans, page views, comments, media plays and file sharing;
- Sentiment analysis service for text.
Thank you for your interest in developing on our platform. We aim to be the most comprehensive trend and fan data platform for the entertainment industry. You may have heard of Musicmetric – the music analytics tools powered by the Semetric API, and there are many other services and applications powered by the Semetric platform – so hopefully your application will be joining the list!
Please read through the terms of using our API below.
- The Semetric API is free for non-commerical use, provided:
- You do not make more than 2 requests per second;
- In any results or analysis that have been gained as a result of using our API that you make public, you will acknowledge the source of the data as being provided by Semetric and include a reference or on a website please include our logo and link to our main website www.semetric.com;
- Let us know if you’ve made anything cool using our API - we’d love to see it!
What is non-commercial?
- If you’re a hacker building or visualizing something cool - that’s not commercial.
- If you’re a researcher writing a paper from our data – that’s also not commercial (although please see terms for academic use of the data).
- If you’re working for a company building products using our platform – that’s commercial.
- If you’re regularly/bulk ingesting our data to power your own platform – that’s definitely commercial.
If you wish to use the API for commercial purposes please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions¶
1. Acceptance of Terms¶
By registering for an API key you confirm you have read and agreed to these terms and they are a valid, legally binding and enforceable agreement as if signed by you. If you do not agree, do not register for an API key. If you are registering for an API key on behalf of an organization, you confirm that you have the authority to bind that organization to these terms.
Semetric grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable single-user license to use the API on these terms and otherwise reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
2.1 You shall¶
2.2 You shall not, except with written permission from Semetric:¶
- Make more than 2 requests per second to the API;
- Use the API or any data obtained therefrom in any product or service that seeks to generate income;
- Rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided herein), modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, resell or create derivative works based on, any part of the API or any data obtained therefrom;
- Use the API to create dashboards, analytics software or any other interactive data visualization accessible either within an organisation or to the public;
- Integrate the API or any of the data obtained therefrom into a third party analytics product;
- Use data obtained from the API to create, train, or improve an algorithm; or
- Bulk download/save/access or in any way log data for multiple entities by automatically scripting the API or otherwise accessing Semetric servers, or otherwise seek to circumvent rate limits in any way.
All intellectual property in the API and any associated documentation is owned by Semetric Limited . Data obtained through the API may or may not be owned by Semetric depending on the data.
4. No Warranties¶
Semetric makes no warranties in relation to the API and specifically does not warrant that the API will meet your requirements or that its operation will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects therein will be corrected. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the API remains with you.
Your non–commercial use of the API is free of charge. Persons who wish to use the API to make requests over a certain request rate or for certain types of commercial applications, should contact us to discuss fees and licensing terms.
6. No Liability¶
Semetric shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer in connection with your use of or inability to use the API. Nothing in these terms seeks to exclude or limit any liability that cannot be excluded under English law.
7. Unlawful Use and Indemnity¶
You may use the API only for lawful purposes; you are expressly prohibited from using the API in a way that does not comply with the terms of any laws applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; You agree to indemnify Semetric for any and all costs, losses and damages (including without limitation legal costs) Semetric incurs in respect of any breach by you of these terms.
Semetric may terminate the license granted to you in these terms at any time on  days notice for any reason or for no reason or immediately in the event you breach these terms. Such notice will be communicated to you via the API or by email or the Semetric website. On termination your API key will be revoked and you will no longer be able to access the API.
9. Updates to these Terms¶
Semetric may update these terms at any time by posting the updated terms to its website. By continuing to use the API after such update you shall be deemed to have accepted the updated terms.
10. Governing Law¶
This Agreement is governed by English law, and any disputes in relation to it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.