Hello and welcome to the Semetric API. The API provides data for hundreds of thousands of entities and can take the following forms:
- Summary information and key performance indicators;
- Time series data of activity on social networks, streaming services and file sharing;
- Geographic data on fan locations according to social networks and file sharing;
- Demographic data including gender and age-group for fans on social networks;
- Charts data for fans, page views, comments, media plays and file sharing;
- Sentiment analysis service for text.
Sign up here for a free non-commercial API key.
Thank you for your interest in developing on our platform. We aim to be the most comprehensive trend and fan data platform for the entertainment industry. You may have heard of Musicmetric – the music analytics tools powered by the Semetric API, and there are many other services and applications powered by the Semetric platform – so hopefully your application will be joining the list!
Please read through the terms of using our API below.
- The Semetric API is free for non-commerical use, provided:
- You do not make more than 2 requests per second;
- In any results or analysis that have been gained as a result of using our API that you make public, you will acknowledge the source of the data as being provided by Semetric and include a reference or on a website please include our logo and link to our main website www.semetric.com;
- Let us know if you’ve made anything cool using our API - we’d love to see it!
What is non-commercial?
- If you’re a hacker building or visualizing something cool - that’s not commercial.
- If you’re a researcher writing a paper from our data – that’s also not commercial (although please see terms for academic use of the data).
- If you’re working for a company building products using our platform – that’s commercial.
- If you’re regularly/bulk ingesting our data to power your own platform – that’s definitely commercial.
If you wish to use the API for commercial purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Terms and Conditions¶
2.1 Acceptance of Terms.¶
Acceptance of terms. You agree that by registering for an API key that: “I confirm I have read and agree to these terms and conditions”. This agreement will become a valid, legally binding and enforceable agreement as if signed by you. If you do not agree, do not register for an API key. By using any part of the platform, you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement as set out below. Organizations. If accepting on behalf of an organization, you confirm that you have the authority to bind that organization to these terms.
2.2 Licensed uses and Restrictions.¶
All Intellectual Property in the platform, and any updates and supplements to it and any associated Documentation and Manuals (“the Platform”) is owned and controlled by Semetric Limited (“the Owner”), except where otherwise stated. You may not use or access the Platform, copy or modify it in any way without the express written permission of the Owner. The Owner offers you a non-exclusive license on the terms of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Semetric.
2.2.1 You shall¶
- Comply with these terms and conditions.
- Credit Semetric in any application utilizing Semetric data or services.
2.2.2 You shall not¶
- Make more than 2 requests per second unless express written permission is given.
- Use the API in any commercial product or service, or to exploit the data or platform in any commercial way (without express written permission).
- Rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, resell data (except where a reselling license is granted) or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the data or platform.
- Use the platform to create dashboards, analytics software or any other interactive data visualization accessible either internally or to the public, or to integrate any of data or platform into a third party analytics product (without express written permission).
- Use the data to create or train any type, (or to improve an existing) algorithm (without express written permission)
- Bulk download/save/access or in any way log data for multiple entities by automatically scripting the API or otherwise accessing Semetric servers.
The Semetric APIs may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the United Kingdom, the U.S. and other countries. Semetric’s rights apply to the Semetric APIs, data and all output and executables of the Semetric platform, excluding any software components developed by you which do not themselves incorporate the Semetric platform. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights laws and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in these terms. Semetric owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the Semetric platform. These terms grant you no right, title, or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by Semetric.
2.4 Warranties and Disclaimers¶
- Semetric does not warrant that the Platform will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Platform will be corrected. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Platform and any support services remains with you.
- Semetric will endeavor to update any tracked data at a maximum rate allowable by the Semetric infrastructure and that of any third parties the data is collected from. Due to the nature of accessing data through the internet (and any other sources used by Semetric) the frequency of data updates cannot be fixed and is liable to fluctuate over time.
2.5 Fees and Payment¶
For uses of the Semetric Platform over a certain rate or for certain types of commercial applications, Semetric reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the Semetric Platform.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Semetric or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever (including but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use Platform components or services, or the provision of or failure to provide support services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this End User Agreement, even if Semetric or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
2.7 Limitation of Liability and Remedies¶
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced in clause 6 above or elsewhere in this Agreement and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Semetric and of its suppliers under any provision of this Agreement and your exclusive remedy for all of the a foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on your reasonable reliance upon these terms up to a maximum of the amount actually paid by you for the Platform. The a foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
2.8 Acceptable Use¶
- You may use the Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use, and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no other person uses the Platform:
- in a way that does not comply with the terms of any laws applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to bulk download/save/access or in any way log data for multiple artists by automatically scripting the software or otherwise accessing the Semetric servers or circumvent rate limits in any way.
- You hereby agree to fully and effectually indemnify us from and against any and all costs losses and damages (including without limitation our legal costs on an indemnity basis) incurred by or in respect of any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement including without limitation these Acceptable Use provisions as set out in this clause 8.
2.9 Entire Agreement¶
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and with the exception of any fraudulent misrepresentations, supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, understandings or arrangements between them relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall create or be deemed to create a partnership nor the relationship of employer and employee nor principal and agent between the parties.
This Agreement shall be governed by English or U.S. law, and any disputes in relation to it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English or U.S. courts.